Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Superbowl 2K12 - CONGRATS NY GIANTS!!

Superbowl 2K12 Champions: NY Giants
(image from nfl.com)

This weekend, as most of you already know, was Superbowl weekend! Superbowl is one of the biggest events in the USA! According to a manager at the grocery, "even bigger than the holidays". She said it is the busiest time of the year for them (and I would imagine for liquor stores and pizzerias as well).
I LOVE the excitement of the Superbowl and the football season leading up to it as well. I don't have a favorite team because I choose my teams by who's cute. Highly annoying to real football fans but it's my party and I'll choose how I want to! HA!
This year I was torn because I LOVE me some Tom Brady, but I'm a New Yorker ! So I went with "may the best team win" (but deep inside I wanted to cry for Brady). Note to Brady: NO MORE pre-game interviews where you say you're gonna win! EVERYTIME you say that y'all lose! There's confidence and then there's jinx! Don't say nada!!
Anyway, another reason I watch the Superbowl are for the commercials. My faves this year were the M&M's commercial:


And the dog with the Doritos: (the winner of this contest won $1 mil)

For all other commercials, click link:

*Superbowl fun: cost of an ad run during the Superbowl averaged $3.5 mil for 30 seconds!

The Superbowl parade is going DOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNNN in lower Manhattan today! "The parade will be followed by a ceremony at City Hall Plaza, at which the Mayor will present the Giants with Keys to the City. Following the ceremony, the Giants will board buses and return to New Jersey, where Giants players, coaches and owners and Gov. Chris Christie will celebrate the title in the team's home, MetLife Stadium. FREE ADMISSION AND FREE PARKING. TAILGATING IS PERMITTED."

CONGRATS TO THE NY GIANTS!!!

No comments: