Monday, November 9, 2009

MY mommy!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. She passed away when I was 3 years old...she lost her fight against breast cancer. I was so young that I didn't really get a chance to know her, but I still get a warm loving feeling every single year on her birthday.
I'm not sure how you could love someone you never really knew but I loved my mom. Maybe it was from all the stories I'd heard about her; how fiercely she loved me, how she took me practically everywhere she went, how beautiful she was, her pretty smile, or how she didn't need makeup because she was such a natural beauty, or even how much of a prankster she was (she once brought a dead bat into the house to scare her siblings!)...I dunno, I just loved her.


My beautiful mom

I used to miss her a lot more when I was younger...Mothers' Day...any day...every day that a little girl needs her mother...to pick her up from school...to talk to her about boys...even to be annoyingly overprotective as mothers can be....I longed for that so badly. Now that is not to take away, in any way, from the rest of my family who've been there for me. I must say that I was blessed with aunts and grandparents and close relatives that all loved me and contributed in some way, and I am forever grateful. It's just that sometimes nothing beats having your mom there, you know? (Ok MINUS the mommy dearests lol).

I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if SHE raised me. I could never understand how some daughters and mothers don't get along, while others are practically best friends. I wonder what kind of relationship my mom and I would have had.
I mean here she is trying to get through to me and clearly I'm not listening...I'm focused on my photo op! (see pic below)


Mommy and me

I know that everything happens for a reason, and for that reason alone I find comfort.

I now have the opportunity to share a life with my son. I have become the annoyingly overprotective mom, I give him waaaaaay too many kisses (and he has CLEARLY protested - believe me!! lol), I tell him I love him every single day and I try to be the best mom I could be. It's not always easy or fun, and sometimes I KNOW he wishes he could ship ME to Madagascar or somewhere but hey HE HAS TO DEAL WITH IT......at least until he moves out! lol


Me and my M

And by the way I was VERY proud of my baby pictures until one day I showed my brother-in-law who said I look like a baby hippo!


(The more I look at this pic I think I DO resemble the hippo from Madagascar ! That little s**t! lol)





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. this is a beautiful tribute to your mom... Also, about the photo op, lol lol toooo funny !!!

Ana Montes

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I love it from beginning to end! Love ya! xoxoxo
The baby pics are so cute!!! And your mom was beautiful...may she rest in peace!

Johanna

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love it from beginning to end. Love ya chick xoxo
BTW, baby pics are adorable...and your mom was beautiful .. she would have been so proud of you!

Jo..

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandy I loved this Blog ..I have known you for soo long and Yet I haven't known you hmm...thANKS for sharing that part of yourself...luv ya chic :-)

Petrina

What Was I Thinking? said...

This is absolutely beautiful. My mom and I love each other dearly but...you've read my tributes to her...(smile)

Your mom is here with you guiding you along the way and that's why you feel her and love her so much.

And by the way...tell your uncle...atleat you're a cute baby hippo look-a-like! LOL

Bennett said...

wow Mandy, such a tear jerker....don't you love this blog thing...it allows you the chance to put it all on paper/compter.............

Anonymous said...

I loved it! I think you are a GREAT MOM! He is one lucky little boy to have such a smart young talented mother. Keep up the good work Mandy! xoxo

Jillian :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I just learned something I never knew about you, Mandy. Your mom is beautyfull. I wish I had a mom and daughter relationship that was beautyfull.At one time it was and now it is estranged.For your mother too have loved you in the time that she was with you outweighs others who have had a mom all their lives and it is as if she is dead. NOw I see why you are so blessed and loving...it is beginning to all make sense.

Anonymous said...

I loved this... beautiful words.. I agree, you have a great kid so that means that you are doing a great job..
Oh.. and save me a space in Madagascar..because in a few years my baby will ship me there too...for the same reasons... LOL..

Milvia