Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mid-July already!

Could you believe we're halfway through the Summer? ALREADY?

What are you doing to occupy your kids? Well I came across a great site with plenty ideas to keep kids entertained (and I've gotta admit, I've been enjoying the activities myself!).

Having to maintain a budget and keeping a tween occupied requires this momma (me) to be creative! With ideas like making paper planes, and water gun fights, 120 Free Things To Do With Kids This Summer, was the PERFECT answer to my prayer! As I read some of the ideas, I thought of other things to do with my son that would peak his interest.

Here are some of the things we've done...

We made paper planes
My son found an easy-to-use site http://www.10paperairplanes.com/ (with step-by-step instructions -- and pictures especially for uhm, people like me)

We spent some time coloring (characters from one of his fave cartoons - Dragonball Z)
Mine (on left) - his (on right)

We played Monopoly
They have seriously upgraded this game since I was a kid! The cell phone token you see on the board was mine - they didn't have a blackberry okay so I had a flip phone...and instead of all the colorful money, they give you a bank card (everytime you pass "GO" you get $2million!!!)

We visited Echo Lake Park

9/11 Memorial at Echo Lake

Echo Lake

I KNOW first-hand how super busy we can be sometimes, but dedicating at least 30 mins, maybe even an hour everyday to spend time with your children, not only creates a lifetime of memories but is absolutely priceless!

I'll keep you guys posted as much as I can - hope you're having a fab Summer! ♥

No comments: