Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend
I brought my broken dreams to God because He was my Friend.
But instead of leaving him in peace to work alone
I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own
At last I snatched them back and cried "How can You be so slow?"
"My child," He said "what could I do? You never let them go"
~ Author unknown

One of the hardest things to do is let go. We hold on so tightly to things that are meaningful to us: our careers, our children, relationships, anything that we consider valuable. It's scary to let go of the familiar, of the things we want to protect so dearly...but as the old addage goes 'the tighter you hold on to something...' well, you know the rest.
It's like sand, when you grab it, it slips right through your fingers, but watch the difference when you cradle it gently in your hands.
So DO your absolute best of course, but have Faith in God too. Have faith in yourself that at that very moment you are giving it your all. When you give it everything you have, there is no room for regret....but remember to let God do His thang too.
Have a Blessed day people!



I heart Green Day...everytime my son heard this song he would be so focused and sing along to it...he just LOVED this song...and he was only about 4 or 5 years old.