Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The beginning of a new story...

(His birthday cake)

Today's my baby's birthday! He woke up, looked for money in his birthday card (there was none lol), worked out WITH dumbbells because he needed to keep his "cannons in shape" then had a slice of his birthday cake for breakfast!
As I walked him to the school door (he allowed me to... since it's his birthday... replete with kisses) I thought 'wow, look how he's grown! My big boy!'
Of course I remember the first time I held him in the hospital and wondered how the heck I was going to take care of this little person when I could barely take care of myself! Now he's almost as tall as I am ALREADY ...and by the Grace of God I'm raising him as best as I possibly can.
My sister has a video of me dressing him when he was a newborn; it took almost an HOUR to do that because I was so afraid to break him. (Now I'm the first one threatening to break every bone in his body if he ever got outta line! smh lol)
Today mark's another year of his life and as his cake says "the beginning of a new story"!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUT-OUTS TO SHERAYNE, KERON, REGI, LANA and GRANDMA JO - all of whom share a bday with ma bay-bay! ;)

Also if you're in the NYC area, check out my girl Galia Arad, performing at Arlene's Grocery, tonight at 9pm (95 Stanton Street, New York, NY). To listen to more Galia click on http://www.galiaarad.typepad.com/my-blog/full-of-sht-free-exclusive-mp3.html

1 comment:

AnaMontes124 said...

I was so afraid to break him <this reminds me of a scene in sex and the city when miranda tells her man, "Listen, we're BOTH scared we're gona break the baby!"