Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Cleaning !


I am feeling this weather! Spring officially begins next week but I have started getting rid of stuff during the winter ALREADY. Why? Out with the old and in with the new! Time to make room honey! Not just for more "stuff" (like material things), but the blessings that 2010 can bring.
For one, I've had cabin fever. If you read my "Winter Wonderland" lyrics, you could tell... snow, and the winter in general, is soooooooo not my thing.
Also, cleaning is a form of catharsis for me. If I'm not using something, then someone else might value it, so I give it away. This not only refers to things I don't use at home, but also relationships/friendships. Now I'm not saying that people are dispensable, absolutely not, but sometimes you have to rid your life of the DRAMA that is associated with people in order for YOU to live a healthy life.
I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, other times I'm a pure beast... lol.
We are human and we allllll make mistakes. People may not always share your views or opinions and that's cool, but it doesn't mean you have to stick around and be their doormat either. Do I love them any less? Yes, they can kiss my big.........KIDDING! It simply means they go their way and you go yours.

I'll leave you with one of my fave quotes from Natasha Munson: "We cannot allow anyone's insecurities to affect our energy. We cannot allow anyone's need for our time & energy to become overwhelming & stifling. There are some people that become envious of your joy & will find any possible reason to diminish it or put the attention back on them. You simply cannot stand for their drama or need for attention."

So on that note, (singing)... "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."

1 comment:

AnaMontes124 said...

rid your life of the DRAMA that is associated with people in order for YOU to live a healthy life. <amen