Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thankful for our Blessings!

This past weekend was a celebratory one. Firstly, my son's basketball team won the Championships for their division (YAAAAAAY!!!!) and secondly, we celebrated my son's birthday!
He forfeited a birthday party in light of the tournament. The date and time was sketchy (since the CYO kept changing it) and so planning a party would've been risky. Well some of the parents got wind of it and decided that was so "noble" of him that they were going to celebrate it anyway!
It was very touching to me.

My son's birthday cake
(the shirt is vanilla cake with hazelnut filling and the basketball is chocolate cake)



Across the world we all heard about and watched the devastation in Japan and surroundings areas...it is absolutely heartbreaking!
So despite whatever's happening in my life that may not be the way I want it to be at that moment, I continue to be grateful for all my blessings. I am okay, my son's okay, my friends and family are well and safe...we have MUCH to be thankful for.

No comments: