Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jenifer Lewis

Jenifer Lewis
(Google Image)

I LOVE Jenifer Lewis. She's such a beautiful, funny, talented actress. She's one of those characters who doesn't have to have the leading role to steal the spotlight.
I recently saw her as the meddling mom in the T.D. Jakes movie "Not Easily Broken" and I thought she's such an underrated actress...that is, in the big Hollywood scheme of things.
She gives you that feeling that she'd be a great mom or that tell-it-like-it-is friend. She definitely is feisty and has charisma!

She has quite a career, featured in several tv shows and films. Some of my fave performances from her are as the wedding planner in "Madea's Family Reunion", Vera in "Meet the Browns", and as Tina Turner's mom in "What's Love Got To Do With It".

She's been in classics such as "Cast Away" with Tom Hanks, "The Preacher's Wife" with Denzel Washington and a slew of performances on Broadway. I didn't even realize she was the voice of Motown Turtle in "Shark Tale" or Mama Odie in "The Princess and the Frog".

Jenifer Lewis as Mama Odie
(imdb image)

After googling her I found out she was also on Oprah discussing how she deals with being bipolar.
I wish her much continued success and hope to see more of her.

No comments: