Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stick Fly Play on Broadway!


Since I'm a huge Alicia Keys fan, you know I had to go see "Stick Fly" on Broadway. I missed opening night (tear), and I found out about the "Meet and Greet" too late (major groan) BUT I finally made it to Cort Theatre to catch the play.
It wasn't quite what I was expecting to be honest. I didn't look into it prior to going; I just heard "Alicia Keys" and I bought tickets! So I was expecting a musical more than a play (which is my fault because all over Twitter it IS called @stickflyplay ! Shame on me but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
I don't want to give away anything so you'll just have to go see for yourself!
What I WILL say is
               that you'll laugh...
                        maybe cry at some point...
                                       Mekhi Phifer is SEXY at any angle AND did a great job, especially since this is his Broadway debut! (He was my personal fave, obvious reasons aside, and I really liked Ruben Santiago-Hudson, whose expressions alone speak volumes, and Rosie Benton as well).

Alicia Keys is the Producer/Composer of this play (it was all original music). I recommend as a must-see! The great news is they have a special now on tickets, BOGO on Broadway honey! So you buy a ticket at full price and you get the 2nd for $9.99! It's part of the theatre's 99th anniversary celebration of its first production in 1912! I'd take advantage of that if I were you! If my behind didn't rush to buy tickets, then I'd be bogo-ing it up too!
One more thing, traffic is HORRENDOUS in NYC so please consider that in your travels, that way you don't spend your time crying on 48th street for fear of being locked out of the theatre!

1 comment:

Sukari aka Picturesque2u said...

Nice Post! I wish I could go see this play. The showings end the week before Christmas. :(