Friday, February 25, 2011

Adele 21

I LOVE Adele! I was first introduced to her music by a co-worker and fellow music lover. At the time, there was a lot of buzz about her "Chasing Pavements" (on her debut album "19") which eventually lead to Grammy award-winning success in 2009.
My friend Michelle (whom I tease and call my personal "Billboard") raved about "Chasing Pavements" before I'd even heard it and when she tells you to keep an eye out for an artist, do just that, because before you know it, they're the next big thing! Adele, Bruno Mars, Janelle Monae, even Alicia Keys when everyone was "hot on Beyonce" (as Michelle says lol)...are all artists she raved about before they officially hit the map so to speak.
So I have Adele's new album and it is SOOOOOOO good ! I absolutely LOVE her voice, which seems to be stronger, more powerful now, but not overbearing at all...pleasant and raw! It's soulful...that girl sings her soul!
I have no faves yet; I love every single song so far, so I'll come back at a later date to let you know which I've really fallen in love with...if not all !
Adele
(Billboard Image)
For more on Adele and her Billboard cover story, click here.

No comments: