Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Football Fever !

This past Sunday was nationwide madness as millions tuned in to watch the Superbowl!  "Super Bowl XLV between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers, became the most-watched American television program in history, drawing an average audience of 111 million viewers" (wikipedia). I think it was reportedly watched in 175 countries?...crazy!

Anyway I'd be lying if I said I was into football. I like the Patriots because Tom Brady is cute -- although I'm not feeling his new Robbie Ray/ Hannah Montana's dad hairdo (and yes that's how I choose the team du jour - level of cuteness)...as for the Steelers, my son told me to (one of his fave teams)...but that doesn't mean I'm not getting into the sport.
It's exciting! The adrenaline in that stadium on Sunday was palpable as we watched the game at home!

And of course the much-anticipated perfomances and commercials.
This year Christina Aguilera sang "The Star Spangled Banner" and messed up the words...listen, it must be nerve-wrecking to be up there singing THAT song in front of millions!!! Christina, you held your own, you didn't run off crying or pee yourself (which I have to remind myself not to do) so you get a pass from me.



I must say though, that noone has been able to top Whitney Houston's version...whether they say it was pre-recorded or not...



My 2nd fave performance of the National Anthem would be Ms Beyonce...



My fave commercial this year was Eminem's Brisk. I usually root for the E-trade babies and there were some other funnies as well but I really like Eminem's little angry self...lol...


Superbowl facts: "Advertisers pay as much as $3 million for a thirty-second spot". It is also the 2nd biggest food-consumption day in the US...2nd to Thanksgiving (wikipedia)

No comments: